Monday, September 24, 2007

grandpa's visit











My dad arrived in town on Friday so the boys and Emma have been having fun with him and his wife Virginia. Erik's football game was on Saturday. They lost but they made the other team work hard for their points. We had double overtime. I thought the game was never going to end. It was much cooler than last week plus there was a nice wind blowing. Thank you God!!!!

Well after much debate we decided to put Colin back into public school. He wasn't wanting to do his work at home. Plus he had so much free time on his hands and all he wanted to do was be on the computer. He needed some socialization and it was much harder taking care of a baby and homeschooling than we thought. He's not very happy about it right now but I think he'll eventually enjoy it. He certainly won't have to do as many chores since he'll be gone more. So I took him shopping and let him pick out some clothes that he liked. I'm glad they fit in with what I thought was acceptable. So to all of my praying friends and family keep him in your prayers.

2 comments:

Grandma O said...

Glad it was cooler for Eriks game. He looks like he had a work out. See if they went into double over time then they might just win a game this year.
Sorry that the home schooling did not work out for Colin. This might be the best.
I really like the picture of Erik and Emma.
Thanks for all of the pictures they are great.
My Love to all!

Unknown said...

Hope you are having a great time with your dad. I vocera'd you a couple times, hee hee...but you were off. Glad the weather is cooling down for Erik!