Erik had his first football game last night. Our team lost but the one touchdown they did make was a 90 yard one. Pretty impressive. The poor kid was so tired by the time he got to the end he almost didn't make it. Erik says he had fun which is more important than winning. Although there are some parents who wouldn't agree. I can't believe how competitive it is. Erik is still a little hesitant to tackle people because he doesn't want to hurt them or get hurt. I told him to pretend that it's his brother he's tackling. We'll see how that works.
4 comments:
That is so cool. Having fun is the name of the game. Winning is fun to but that will come. Tell Erik to keep up the good work. We love you all.
Looks like things are a changing for you. All good stuff.
We went to Parkrose Friday night to watch Mike Play football. The Crook County Cowboys gave Parkrose a spanking.
Micheal scored the first Touchbown in about 1.5 minutes of play and the score grew from there. Mike is a starter now. It's amazing how much his game has improved. he is really good. Prineville has a full time coaching staff. And they are now a 6A school. They used to play John Day.
Emma in dicovery mode is cool. I wish we could see more but the blog is really nice to watch.
Erik will get the hang of it in football. He just needs to figure out that contact is what football is all about.
Vern had the same issue when he first started, as did I. I firgured it out my freshman year when I tackled a really tough oponent. I didn't mean to hit him that hard but when he went down in obvious pain, the crowd went nuts with cheering. And the coach gave me a great compliment in front of the team and there were many pats on the back.
Ergo the light came on. So, I figured, all I have to do is knock the crap out of hotshot football players and it's acceptable and encouraged?
I can do that!
Thanks for the cool blog. keep us posted on the new happenings.
Okay when is the next game? Place and time? So we can try to make it... as long as it's not scalding hot weather! Oh wait, it will be!
Emma is soooooo cute (still) and she is getting so big
also looks like Bill and Anjee have their hands full too :)
happy you and vern got out and that emma and the boys are doing well. it's so nice to be in CALI only 70-80 degrees and near the beach :) heading up to LA this weekend, done with my San Diego assignment so thanks for updates and enjoying the blog NICHOLE
Post a Comment