Sunday, November 16, 2008

Things have been busy around here. No time to blog with Emma around so I have to get up at the butt crack of dawn to do this. Been busy working and keeping the house together. Vern went up to Oregon this past weekend to spend some time with his parents and to see his daughter. He had a really nice visit and I'm sure he wasn't as glad to get home as I was for him, since he had NO responsibilites. He met his daughter, Kayla, up in Washington and they got a chance to connect. She wants to come visit us and will be here the first part of December. We're excited to have her come down. It seems surreal. Vern has waited for this moment for so long.

While he was gone the washing machine decided to die, of course it was in the middle of a load. I called Vern in a panic since I didn't know what to do. We (me and the kids) had to bring part of the hose into the house with the other end outside and siphon the water out. Then I got the privelge of hand wringing the clothes and putting them in a garbage bag so we could run to the laundry mat. Since i was going to be there I decided to take the rest of the laundry with. Got to the laundry mat and had no soap @%$%$^. Some guy I'm sure hoping to hook up offered to let me use his but of course when I thanked him and told my sob story and mentioned my hubby he didn't bother me again. Thank God!!! I left Colin there while I ran to get fast food for the kids. What a trip it was having Emma there. NOT!!!! I'm so thankful I don't have to use the laundry mat on a regular basis.

When Vern got back we went washer and dryer shopping. Did you know it costs more to fix it then to get a new one almost? I did get to buy the front loader kind which I've been wanting, but wasn't practical before since I had a set that worked. The guy at home depot who helped us gave us a great deal since it was veterans day and Vern is a veteran. Only problem was that there were none in stock so we had to wait till Saturday to have them delivered. I spent the majority of the day doing laundry.

I would also like to say What causes people to live in total filth? Vern saw an ad on craigs list yesterdy mornig from a single mom who needed some furniture but didn't have the money to buy it. So Vern being a big hearted guy wanted to help. Me after dealing with stupid people all the time was skeptical, but wanted to give this woman the benefit of the doubt. We had a few extra things around here that we didn't need so Vern called her up to make arrangements. We load our stuff and take it to her house. It wasn't in the greatest neighborhood, but I know there are hardships in life and you can't afford to live somewhere else. (For those down here it was near the old hospital). I understand that not everyone's house is cleaned to the standard that I have, but what we saw this woman's son living in infuriatated me. I wanted to snatch that poor kid up and take him home with us and give him a bath. It doesn't cost anything to clean your house. You just have to get off your LAZY ass and do it. We walked it and it reaked of smoke and crap. Old food laying around. No laundry hanging in the closet. It was all on the floor. There was milk spills on the floor, toys scattered around. you name it. TOTAL FILTH!!! I wanted to slap that girl upside the head for allowing her son to live in that. Vern and I have been that poor before but we NEVER let our house look like that or our kids to be dirty like that. We had self respect. I can't understand what makes people want to live that way. So what should have felt good about helping someone made me want to pack our stuff back up and leave. That was pure lazziness on that woman's part. I want to help people but when they're like that I don't. It makes it hard to want to do it again, because I'm going to remember this situation. Am I wrong in feeling this way?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No. you're normal...well, not normal, but have some normal thoughts :) Please don't ever make me read like this again. I have ADD! I like picture books!