Saturday, October 29, 2011

Wow, it's been over a year!

It's been a year since I've updated. A lot has happened since then. I doubt anyone will even look at this it's been so long. In the last year we have moved to Oregon, Colin has come home from the boys ranch, I've enrolled 2 kids in high school (one of which is a senior), and Emma has started preschool. I now work in a cardiovascular ICU. It has been challenging but I've learned so much.

This move has been a huge learning experience. I like control and nothing this past year has felt like it's been in my control. God's really taught me that He knows the master plan so I don't have to stress about every detail. Things are finally starting to feel like they're getting on track. This is Colin's last year of school and I've been busy helping him get prepared for college. That is a lot of work and stressful. It's surreal to see him growing up and becoming his own person. I'm torn between being happy for him and sad for me. Erik started his freshman year. He's making friends and loving it. He's got a couple "girlfriends" on the cheerleading squad. LOL. It's crazy to think I'll be going through this same thing in 4 yrs. Little miss Emma loves her preschool. She is working hard on writing her name, well on the same line so we can tell it's her name. Lol. She loves puzzles and is a whiz at them. She's mastered the 24 piece ones so we're working on 50 pieces now. Her hair is getting long but is still so fine it doesn't look like it. She did have her first haircut back in May.

We did recently get family pictures displaying the beautiful fall colors of Oregon. The weather has actually been nice. Very little rain so far this fall. I'm just loving all the colors. It makes me want to rake all the leaves and jump in the pile.


The princess, Emma!

Erik

Colin

The whole gang



No comments: