Thursday, August 5, 2010
Life is short
Yesterday my coworker buried her husband. He was shot in the line of duty and leaves behind a wife and 2 boys. All of this has gotten me to rethink my priorities and what I want from life. I think about how I would feel if the shoes were reversed. I sometimes feel like my hubby doesn't do much for me because it's not what I want done. But as I've sat back and thought about all the things I would have to do if he weren't around it completely freaks me out about how I would survive. There are so many things he does that I take for granted. Simple things mostly. He is always telling me to slow down and relax. It's always so hard for me to do because my brain is always whirling with the things that need to get done. How much of my "to do list" is really important? Is it going to count towards eternity? The Bible says not to store up for yourself earthly treasures, but to store up heavenly treasures. Life is about making memories. Do I want my family and friends to remember me for always being busy and not taking the time to spend with them because of my "to do list?" Or do I want them to remember me as a great wife, mother and friend because I made time for them? I want to leave a legacy of love, the beauty of having a relationship with the creator of the universe, memories of fun for my family to remember long after I'm gone. I want to live life wholeheartedly with no regrets. What kind of legacy do you want to leave behind for your loved ones?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment