Thursday, March 12, 2009

back from hawaii


the view from out lanai just as the sun was coming up....couldn't you just sit here forever and look at that?



on the "train" at the luau to take you around their garden paradise they have







come here little ducky, I promise I won't chase you this time..
















Tuckered out after chasing the poor ducks and geese around


































Emma and I at the luau






































































the "men" of the hula















































Emma going brrr cold...daddy didn't take the time to find her suit and I wasn't around when they left to go to the beach...I was horrified she didn't have a suit on















Daddy and Emma in the ocean

























Colin and emma playing in the sand...knowing her she was probably flinging it at him




















































Erik was happy as long as he could be snorkeling










































































































Emma showing her teeth like mommy said but not "into" the pic






















































































































































































































contemplating how it's all going to fit














































































































































































































































































































































































































































Peek a boo over my head. What the heck was going on with my hair?































































































































































































































































































Well I've been back for over a week now but haven't had time to blog. Hawaii was beautiful but the weather sucked this go around. It was windy and cool with the occasional rain. I think my biggest bummer was that I had a great ocean view from our lanai and it was too cold to sit out there with a cup of coffee and listen to the ocean and watch the sun come up. I know you're probably thinking why up so early on vacation, well I have this internal alarm clock that's currently programmed to 5 am but in Hawaii who is 3 hrs behind...guess what time I would wake up every morning?






























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Over all I can't complain. I was in Hawaii. Vern and Erik went on a snorkeling cruise and got to see whales and dolphins in addition to their trip. Erik loved it. I don't have pictures of that because they are on Vern's camera. We took the kids to a luau Friday night and even Colin enjoyed that. Miracle of miracles he liked poi....not sure if you know what that is but it's a hawaiian staple made from mashed taro roots...pretty bland and looks like plum baby food. Most "americans" don't like it.






























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Oh yeah and Emma was good on the airplane just too busy for a tired and worn out mom...she didn't want daddy.

No comments: