Tuesday, October 28, 2008

playing catch up







Well I have lots of news to catch up on so if my thoughts seem rambled I apologize. This isn't a college writing course here. I'm going elementary today so my ideas may not flow smoothly.

Footbll is finally over, thank God! What a nightmare that has been. Vern and I will NEVER put our child in BGYFL. It's supposedly founded on christian values. It's certainly not any that I was taught growing up. I won't go into the whole thing because it makes my BP rise whenever I think about it. They (Erik's team) did manage to go to playoffs for a game and I was happy they lost. Is that bad of me? I was just tired of all the practices and entire Saturdays being "ruined". meaning nothing but football could be accomplished because of the times and all the traveling.

Concerning Emma, I'll try to go back to the beginning of all my latest thoughts and her achievements. The 20th she went in for her 18 month check up. She was 25 lbs and 33 in. 60th for weight and 95th for height. The doc thinks she'll probably be about 5'9" or 5'10",. I told him that was good because there were lots of fat genes on both sides of her family. The taller she is the skinnier she'll look. He got a good laugh out of that. According to him and of course us she's perfect. I think she's a little behind in her speech but she's always with someone who knows what she needs/wants so she doesn't have to use her words as much. We've been working with her on using her words. She uses sign language for some things so I'm making her say the words also. She's getting much better. Although she is so stubborn about getting her way she pushes our buttons so she can get what she wants without saying the words.
I had a friend over on Thursday who's daughter is 9 mo. old. I thought Emma would really enjoy her. She did only until she wanted to play with her toys. What a BULLY she is!!! It was cute though because she kept trying to sit in Grace's lap or getting Grace to sit in hers. She has this thing that if your sitting on the floor she'll come sit in your lap.
She is such a monkey. She has started climbing on everything. I can't leave the tray to her highchair off because if I do she's on it. She likes to stand up there and rock back and forth. It's a miracle she hasn't fallen yet. I caught her the other night climbing on the desk in the office. She was trying to get to the phone. I'll include the picture. I had to shoot it before getting her down.
She has also started taking off her diaper so we;ve been putting her on the potty and she has gone several times. If she doesn't pee within the first few seconds she's done ( because there a places to go and things to get into to). Vern and Erik were with her the first time she went. When they started making a big deal of it she looked at them like they were insane. So I decided to try it when I came home from work. She went potty again but when I started praising her and making a fool of myself she just beamed and started clapping to. So SWEEET!!!!
Last little thing. I was up getting ready for work the other morning and I heard Emma cry out so I decided to go in and get her so I could see her before work ( she rarely gets up before 7) I picked her up and felt a naked butt. She had taken off her pants and diaper. The diaper was dry and so were the pants but everything else was wet. I just bust up laughing because it was sooo funny. So I would say she's ready to peepee in the potty and mom and dad need to get her some one piece nightsuits for now. Enjoy the pictures.

a





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the up date. love the pictures.
love to all
Grandma O