Saturday, April 19, 2008
worse night in nursing career
Tonight I had the worse night in my nursing career. We had a young teenage pt come in in cardiac arrest and died. Poor mom was hysterical and begging us not to stop. Innocent girl alive one minute and the next minute dead. We all get so busy in our lives and forget how precious and precarious it really is.I wanted to go home so bad and hug my babies and my hubby so if they died in the next second they would know I love them. My dad prays everyday for God to allow his children to live at least one day longer than him because he never wants to go through having to bury a child.That is what this family is facing today. Every time I think about it tears well up in my eyes. I see pts die frequently but until tonight it's never been someone so young. You expect people to die when they are older not when they are still teenagers. I ask God why would he let someone like this die and not someone who abuses their bodies with drugs or hurts/kills others. I don't blame Him but it seems so unfair. God allows things to happen and he sees the big picture so I trust he knows what he's doing, but it doesn't make it any easier to watch a kid die. Sorry if I'm rambling but I have so many emotions going through me right now. I ask that you all pray for this family and their loss tonight. Remember to let the people you care about know you love them. None of us is guaranteed our next breath.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thank you for sharing Christine. That is why I couldn't work PICU or ER. I can handle the adults, but not the kids. Even the young adults are tough. Yes HE has a plan for each of us and we need to remember how blessed we are each day we have life. Especially those of us with great hubbies and kiddos. We definitely forget! Thanks again. Hope you are doing okay. You are a great nurse and she was blessed to have you as her nurse before her meeting with God!
So sad, I know exactly how you feel. When those big bright eyes are depending on your skills the rest of the world fades for the moment, you put every ounce of dedication and heart into the task, the loss is forever indellibly etched. This means you will do fine Christine and are truely a strong and good person.
I can't fix it but I truly understand. Hope your employer believes strongly in their EAP program.
Grandpa Olson
Thank you for sharing your heart so honestly. I am sorry I wasn't there when you called. You are in our prayers everyday.
We were on our way back from our missions trip, crossing the Siskiyou Mountians praying that it wouldn't be my last day. The temperature dropped to 26 degrees and it snowed all the way to Medford, Oregon. It wouldn't of been so bad if we weren't on the Motorcycle. We were told in Yreka, CA that the pass was open with no restrictions . . . I guess that meant CHAIN's weren't required.
Love Grandpa and Virginia
Post a Comment