Saturday, March 15, 2008

11 months


I can't believe OUR baby girl is 11months already. She is developing such a personality. Just have to share a few stories that have happened over the past week. Vern was changing Emma before putting her down for a nap and decided not to put her pants back on. I asked him if he was sure because she sometimes pulls at her tabs on her diaper. He said he was sure so I shrugged my shoulders and went on my merry way. A couple hours later I heard her in her bedroom and when I went in to get her there she was standing in her crib holding her diaper in her hand and smiling big. So in a panic I rushed over to her praying she hadn't wet the bed yet and cleanup would be a breeze. The good news is that her bed was not wet but she had pooped and it was everywhere. She pee'd before she took off the diaper. Do you think Vern cleaned it up? NOT!!!! Needless to say he now puts her pants on after every diaper change.


I keep my bread in a counter down low that has a sliding drawer inside the cabinet and I keep a "lock" on it that is of course not Emma proof. I was standing in the kitchen the other day making eggs and toast for her breakfast and saw her playing with the cabinet door (because she managed to get the lock off and playing in the cabinets is her newest thing) but didn't do anything about it because I was right there. I swear I turned my back for 15 seconds to get butter out of the fridge and when I looked back at her she had gotten the bread out and was sitting there on the floor eating it. God only knows how much she managed to eat before I got my pictures of it and her pulled away. She thought it was the funniest thing as I was shreiking at the huge mess. So the birds (maybe the dog) got a nice breakfast.

Those are just a few of the situations that happen on a daily basis to keep us hopping. She's getting to the stage where there is no rest for the weary because she is constantly going. But we wouldn't trade it for anything. Not sure how we managed to live all this time without her. She brings such joy to each and everyone of us. Can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hee hee. i was laughing outloud. especially the diaper story. sorry, had too! what a little terd. But oh the memories! hope you are doing well. i saw you called. i'm off today, so gimme a call. are you back at work???

Anonymous said...

Going back several years . . . I seem to remember my little girl doing the same type of things.

Emma is growing so quickly. We are glad you keep your Blog up to date so, even though we are not close by we can keep up with the family.

Love you all,

Dad & Virginia